If you’re a leave authoriser of a department you will receive leave applications from leave approvers both primary and secondary.
Please note, you can be a leave authoriser of multiple departments.
If you are a leave authoriser then, you will always receive notifications when a leave application is sent you. Likewise, if enabled you will get system notifications that there is a leave application waiting.
To reject this leave application please follow the below instructions:
- Main navigation -> Leave -> Awaiting Authorisation
Here there should be a list of applications. If there are none, it means there are none waiting for authorisation.
- Please check the following information in the table (in particular leave type, from / to dates, and leave history
- If you feel the leave application is inappropriate click Reject
Once you have clicked reject the end user will be notified.
Here are some handy tips:
- Give a good reason as to why you are rejecting the leave application
- You may want to query the leave application before
- Check what their application is i.e. leave type
- It is a lot easier to digest the information by using ‘Leave Insight’. You can access this by going into actions and clicking ‘Leave Insight’ a modal should popup with information
- It is useful to check the leave calendar to see the leave application conflicts with other staff