If you are a leave approver of a department you will receive leave applications from end users. If you are a secondary leave approver of a department you will receive leave applications from the primary leave approver of that department.
Please note, you can be a leave approver of multiple departments.
If you are a leave approver then, you will always receive notifications when a leave application is sent to you. Likewise, if enabled you will get system notifications that there is a leave application waiting.
If you are unsure about a leave application and need more information or clarification, you can query it. To query a leave application please follow the below instructions:
- Main navigation -> Leave -> Pending Leave
Here there should be a list of applications. If there are none, it means there are none waiting for approval.
- Please check the following information in the table (in particular leave type, from / to dates, and leave history
- If you are still lacking information, click the query button and enter your message
Once you have clicked query, the end user will be notified and your message will be sent directly to them. They can reply and you will be notified about this. You can then decide whether to approve or reject their request.
Here are some handy tips:
- Check what their application is i.e. leave type
- It is a lot easier to digest the information by using ‘Leave Insight’. You can access this by going into actions and clicking ‘Leave Insight’ a modal should popup with information
- It is useful to check the leave calendar to see the leave application conflicts with other staff