If you’re an expense approver of a department you will receive expense applications from end users in that department. If you are a secondary expense approver of a department you will receive expense applications when the primary expense approver is on holiday.
Please note, you can be an expense approver of multiple departments.
If you are a primary expense approver then, you will always receive notifications when a expense application is sent you. Likewise, if enabled you will get system notifications that there is an expense application waiting.
To approve this expense application please follow the below instructions:
- Main navigation -> Expenses -> Awaiting Approval
Here there should be a list of expense reports. If there are none, it means there are currently no expense reports.
- Please check the following information in the table, you will want to click actions and view expense detail
- If happy, click Approve
- And then click save
Once you have clicked save the end user will be notified. If you want to view this application again, please go into ‘Approved Expenses’
Here are some handy tips:
- You can get a lot more detail by going into actions and viewing detail
- If there are a lot of expenses, use the pay all and reject all buttons (depending on the expenses, of course)
- You can add a note to expenses, authorisers and payers will be able to see this