Work patterns are used to calculate leave allowance. It is a schedule that defines the working hours of an employee. Work patterns can be set on three levels: company, department and user. Department overrides company while user work patterns override department.
If no work pattern is given for a department or user then the default company working pattern will be used. In general company work pattern should be used, but obviously departments and users can have unique work patterns (thus individual ones should be created for this). Only one work pattern per user can be active.
Creating a working pattern
- Administration -> Work Patterns
- Click ‘Create New Working Pattern’
- Fill in the details and set the leave allowance
The above will create a generic working pattern. By setting it as default will make it the default company working pattern. However, you can overwrite this at department level:
Setting department working pattern
- Departments -> Edit Department -> Work Patterns
- Click Change Work Pattern
- Select a work pattern for this department
This department will now follow the department work pattern instead of the default company working pattern. We can go a step further and set a specific work pattern for an employee:
Selecting employee working pattern
- Administration -> Users -> Edit User -> Work Pattern Tab
- Click change work pattern
- Assign the employee the new work pattern
Now this employee will have the unique working pattern set to them. This overwrite default company working pattern and department working pattern.
Please note the following:
- Leave allowance can be manually set and doesn’t need to be reflective of work pattern hours
- Leave allowance can be changed in the work pattern
- You cannot delete a working pattern if there is employees using it
You can edit a work pattern by going into Administration -> Work Patterns -> Edit Work Pattern