Leave years are a crucial aspect of how the leave module functions. Leave Years establish a 1 year period, a threshold which is used to help calculate annual leave allowance.
It also acts as the threshold of where annual leave is renewed i.e. if there is a leave year 01/04/2017 to 31/03/2018 after 31/03/2018 annual leave will be renewed (with leave carried forward if this has been enabled)
You can add a new leave year by doing the following:
- Main navigation
- Leave -> Leave Years
- Create New Leave Year
- Enter the required information
- You can delete or edit leave years. You will however be unable to delete leave years if they have data associated to it. For example, an employee has already made a leave application in the leave year you want to delete. You should be cautious when editing leave years also.
- You can create multiple leave years within LunaHR (ideally, they should follow the same date pattern though)
- A leave year should be exactly a year long
- It helps if your mileage years match up with your leave years